Monday, April 2, 2012

CNC Engraved 1912 Indian Motorcycle On Acrylic Plastic

Here is another project that has been on my mind and the back burner for some time now and it finally came together for me today in the workshop.  This engraving is of a drawing that I had done a couple of years ago. As usual having other projects ahead of it I let it sit on my to do list way to long. That all changed today. 




The engraving is of a 1912 Indian eight valve board track racer.  I always liked the drawing I had done and am now the proud owner of this latest effort. The engraving is on 1/4 thick acrylic and is 6 x 10 inches in size.  The tab on the bottom of the engraving is there to allow the acrylic to be mounted into a box with a matching slot to receive it so that light will shine through the acrylic just as you see it here. It will make a nice addition to my computer desk don't you think?  One more thing to scratch off my workshop to do list and put another big smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice job you have done here.
    May I ask for a copy of the vector-file ? As one of my friends is head over heels into Indian Motorcycles, and he asked for some similar to this.
    Best regards, Bo Andersen.

    ReplyDelete