Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nicely Fitted Hood For The TerraTrike Velomobile

The past couple of days have been pretty cold here in the Midwest and so I was happy to get back to the garage and do some more work on the velomobile project.  I had did some tweaking of the fit up of the hood and I wanted to check it all out to see how it all turned out.  Here is what it looks like now.


With the work I had been able to do in the workshop on the hood it was nice to see it back in place on the velomobile.  With different lighting I was able to see more tweaking that will be needed before I can complete the finishing work on the hood.  All part of the process but progress is progress.


I finally have the hood dialed in where it closes up nicely without fussing with it to get it lined up correctly.  With the hood fully fiber glassed now it was an easy task to match up the body seam to the edge of the hood.



Nice straight lines are always a good thing to see.  I have a little more work to do yet to make this portion of the hood mounting process complete so that I can move on to the rest of the body.  I am very happy at this point that the hood is lining up properly and looks as good as it does.  The rest of the body work will be a snap compared to the constant fussing that needed to be done to get the hood where you see it now.  But there is a lot that needs to be done to get the body smoothed out for paint.  Luckily I am still able to heat the garage up to a comfortable level to get some work done during the cold winter days.  Check back to see further developments on this project as I will post more info when I can get more accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment