Thursday, January 23, 2014

3D Printed IPad Video Teleprompter Project




Here's my latest creation from the Tinker's Workshop that I just completed yesterday!  It is a 3D printed IPad video teleprompter.  I've always wanted one of these and I finally came up with a design that fits the bill and my budget.  When I have put together video presentations for the blog in the past, most of the time it takes me what seems to be hours just to get my introduction and explanation of a project down good enough to call decent video.  With this teleprompter it has simplified that whole process tremendously. 
  I have been thinking about this project for some time and finally got it all together in just a matter of a few days.  A very quick build to say the least. 


   The entire unit cost less than $30 to make and works great.  For more information about this great project check out the video presentation that is posted here.  Also for those of you who have access to a 3D printer and are in need of this type of equipment for your video productions I have a complete set of plans and 3D printer STL files for only $5.00 available now on my plans and STL files page here on the blog.


  Check out the video below to see how it all goes together. 



5 comments:

  1. Does this kit support iPad Air ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ipad Air being smaller will fit even easier than the Ipad 2 that I designed the teleprompter for. The dimensions of the Ipad 2 are 9.5" x 7.31" x .34 ". The dimensions for the Ipad Air have been reduced to 9.4" x 6.6" x .29: in size. The platform that the Ipad rests on was designed with enough clearance for the Ipad 2 to easily allow it to slide into place. The IPad Air being smaller gives you just that much more clearance when installing the Ipad. The platform for the Ipad is 9.75" x 7.75" and there is more than ample vertical clearance so the thickness of the Ipad is not an issue with either Ipad 2 or Ipad Air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the link to buy the STL? I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but the STL files are no longer available.

      Delete