Sunday, July 5, 2015

30 Iconic Velomobile Designs From The Past 85 Years

I received an email a couple of days ago from Mads Phikamphon  from Norway who runs the Cykelvalg website.  He wanted me to let everyone know through my blog here that he has updated his information about 30 iconic Velomobile designs from the past 85 years has been posted on to an English site.  I am more than happy and honored to be included in this list of velomobiles with my Radius T-T velomobile that I had designed and built last year.  
  I checked out Mads site and on it you will find velomobile information that covers the following list.

1. Turning Circle

2. Speed
3. References.... (links to builders and manufacturers)
4. Closer look at different designs
5. Why choose a Velo?
6. Why there aren't more Velos
7. Velo vs. Electric Bikes

The site now has a much larger version of the poster that Mads had put together with images of all the different Velomobilis that he talks about.  So if your interested in learning more about Velomobiles and some of the different models that are currently being built and or produced check out the following link.



http://www.icebike.org/30-iconic-velomobile-designs-from-the-past-85-years/


Also a bit of news about my velomobile and the upcoming Make Fest in Davenport Iowa on the 18th of this month.  All the preparations have been made to get my Radius T-T velomobile to the Make Fest so that I can show it.


This will be the first time that the velomobile has been on display in public and I will be there to answer any questions that you may have about it's construction and what all is in it.  The building that the Make Fest will be held in at the River Center in Davenport Iowa I am told is large enough for me to drive the Velo around in. So don't be surprised if you see me cruising around inside while I am there.  The Make Fest will be held on the 18th of July from 10:00 am til 6:00 pm on that date.  So mark it on your calendar and I will be looking forward to meeting you and showing you the Radius T-T velomobile up close and personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment